Special guest host, Dr. Bob Gwyther from the UNC Department of Family Medicine, will join Cristy this weekend on YOUR HEALTH® to talk with UNC Resident Physicians, Dr. Caroline Roberts & Dr. Mimi Miles about North Carolina’s first teaching health center: training doctors to provide rural and undeserved care.
Please tune in! This show will air:
• Saturday, November 3rd at 9am
• Sunday, November 4th at 9am and 5pm
• Monday, November 5th at 6pm and 10pm
Listen to the Show!
- Research that Matters (min 0-10): quitting smoking & medications, hand washing reminders for doctors, household chemicals & heart disease, fast food setting & eating less
- Conversations with Dr. Caroline Roberts & Mimi Miles about North Carolina’s first teaching health center (min 10-31)
- House Calls (min 31-40): erectile dysfunction, chiggers, back pain & x-rays, croup
- Research that Matters
- Effectiveness of stop-smoking medications: findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Four Country Survey.
- Caregivers’ Perceptions of Patients as Reminders to Improve Hand Hygiene.
- Perfluorooctanoic Acid and Cardiovascular Disease in US Adults.
- Fast food restaurant lighting and music can reduce calorie intake and increase satisfaction.
- Prospect Hill Community Health Center is the site of a new and innovative partnership between Piedmont Health and UNC Family Medicine. UNC Family Medicine will place residents at Prospect Hill for three years to train with community physicians in a community setting. The first of its kind in the state, the teaching health center prepares physicians to work in rural and underserved settings while ensuring access to primary care for all North Carolinians. http://www.med.unc.edu/fammed/for-students-residents-fellows
- House Calls