This weekend on YOUR HEALTH®, Professor Bernard Glassman will join us to discuss emerging technologies in public health. Professor Glassman is the owner of 3AM Communications and a professor in the UNC School of Public Health.
Please tune in! We’re on the air:
– Saturday at 9am
– Sunday at 9am & 5pm
– Monday at 6pm & 10pm
Listen to the Show!
- Segment 1 (minute 0-11): Google & tracking diseases, UNICEF using cell phone technology for reporting, use of technology in the exam room
- Segment 2 (minute 11-22): pictures & diagnosis, app for microscopes, what to trust on Google
- Segment 3 (minute 22-31): electronic medical records, supercomputers & health care, flu shot
- Segment 4 (minute 31-41): physician interaction, Wii Fit vs. traditional exercise
- How To Evaluate Health Information on the Internet http://nchealthinfo.org/reference_and_tools/EvalHealthInfo.cfm
- Cell Phones in Health: UNICEF and Women’s Net Report on South Africa http://www.mobileactive.org/cell-phones-health-unice