This weekend on YOUR HEALTH®, special guest host, Dr. Bob Gwyther from the UNC Department of Family Medicine, will join Adam to talk with Maxine Janis, Dental Hygienist and Assistant Professor at Northern Arizona University about Oral Health Needs of Native Americans.
Please tune in! This show will air:
• Saturday, October 22nd at 9am
• Sunday, October 23rd at 9am and 5pm
• Monday, October 24th at 6pm and 10pm
Listen to the Show!
- Research that Matters (min 0-8): child care facilities & eating/physical activity, cartoons & effects on thinking, catching up on sleep in teens
- Conversations with Maxine Janis about Oral Health Needs of Native Americans (min 8-30)
- House Calls (min 30-41): fatigue & mono, burning urination, bee pollen & sore throat, well-visit bill
- Research that Matters
- What role can child-care settings play in obesity prevention? A review of the evidence and call for research efforts
- The immediate impact of different types of television on young children’s executive function.
- Relationship between weekend catch-up sleep and poor performance on attention tasks in Korean adolescents
- A dental hygienist who’s a Lakota Sioux calls for new mid-level dental providers
- Pine Ridge Reservation, South Dakota
- Lakota health and healing
- Surveillance of health status in minority communities – racial and ethnic approaches to community health across the US (REACH U.S.) Risk Factor Survey 2009.
- House Calls