This weekend on YOUR HEALTH® we’ll be joined by leader of the WALTHAM© research program on Human-Animal Interaction at the WALTHAM© Centre for Pet Nutrition in England and editor of the book, The Health Benefits of Dog Walking for Pets and People: Evidence and Case Studies, Dr. Sandra McCune to talk about the Health Benefits of Pets.
Please tune in! This show will air:
• Saturday, December 10th at 9am
• Sunday, December 11th at 9am and 5pm
• Monday, December 12th at 6pm and 10pm
Listen to the Show!
- Research that Matters (min 0-9): cervical cancer vaccination & screening, selenium supplements & lung cancer, surgery in nursing homes, biofeedback via video games for urinary control
- Conversations with Dr. Sandra McCune about the health benefits of pets (min 9-31)
- House Calls (min 31-41): Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, low back pain, REM sleep disorder, Great American Smoke-Out
- Research that Matters
- Cross-protective efficacy of HPV-16/18 AS04-adjuvanted vaccine against cervical infection and precancer caused by non-vaccine oncogenic HPV types: 4-year end-of-study analysis of the randomised, double-blind PATRICIA trial.
- Serum selenium level and risk of lung cancer mortality.
- Animated biofeedback: an ideal treatment for children with dysfunctional elimination syndrome.
- Major abdominal surgery in nursing home residents: a national study.
- Conversations with Dr. Sandra McCune
- House Calls
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Low Back Pain
- Clinical Guidelines Committee of the American College of Physicians. Diagnostic imaging for low back pain: advice for high-value health care from the American College of Physicians
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Great American Smokeout – American Cancer Society
- UNC Nicotine Dependence Program