Please tune in! This show will air:
• Saturday, February 18th at 9am
• Sunday, February 19th at 9am and 5pm
• Monday, February 20th at 6pm and 10pm
Listen to the Show!
- Research that Matters (min 0-9): robots in surgery, statin benefits in men & women, snowboarding injuries, prostate cancer & fertility
- Conversations with Dr. Paul Ruggieri about his book, Confessions of a Surgeon (min 9-31)
- House Calls (min 31-40): rash, breast pain & cancer, diastolic heart problems, tonsillitis
- Research that Matters
- Comparative Effectiveness of Robotic Versus Laparoscopic Hysterectomy for Endometrial Cancer.
- Meta-analysis of Statin Effects in Women versus Men.
- Snowboarding Injuries: Trends over Time and Comparisons with Alpine Skiing Injuries.
- The effect of radiation on semen quality and fertility in men treated with brachytherapy for early stage prostate cancer.
- Confessions of a Surgeon: The Good, the Bad, and the Complicated…Life Behind the O.R. Doors
- Surgery – MedlinePlus
- Choosing the Right Doctor and Hospital – MedlinePlus
- Having Surgery? What You Need to Know (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality)
- Speak Up: Help Avoid Mistakes in Your Surgery (Joint Commission)
- House Calls
- Your Guide to Diabetes: Type 1 and Type 2 (National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse)
- Time To Talk About Natural Products for the Flu and Colds: What Does the Science Say? (National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine)
- Importance of Stretching before Exercises (Livestrong.com)
- Flying after Diving (Divers Alert Network)