Please tune in! This show will air:
• Saturday, April 7th at 9am
• Sunday, April 8th at 9am and 5pm
• Monday, April 9th at 6pm and 10pm
Listen to the Show!
- Research that Matters (min 0-11): deaths from tobacco use, aspirin & cancer, plan B contraceptive, statin drugs & pneumonia
- Conversations with Dr. Susan Killenberg about magnetic stimulation for depression (min 11-32)
- House Calls (min 32-41): Morton’s Neuroma & orthotics, sciatica, TMJ, vitamin D
- Research that Matters
- WHO [World Health Organization] Report on the Global Tobacco Epidemic 2011: Warning About the Dangers of Tobacco
- Effect of Regular Aspirin on Long-Term Cancer Incidence and Metastasis – from Lancet Oncology
- Can Aspirin Reduce Cancer Risk and Mortality
- The impact of over-the-counter availability of “Plan B” on teens’ contraceptive decision making.
- Your Sexuality – from girlshealth.gov
- The effect of rosuvastatin on incident pneumonia: results from the JUPITER trial.
- Could Statins Help Prevent Pneumonia? – from MedlinePlus
- House Calls
- Morton’s Neuroma – from MedlinePlus
- Physical Therapist’s Guide to Low Back Pain – from the APTA
- TMJ Disorders – Interactive Tutorial from MedlinePlus
- Hearing Loss – from MedlinePlus
- Vitamin D Deficiency – from the NIH Office of Dietary Supplements
- Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D – from the Institute of Medicine