Please tune in! This show will air:
• Saturday, August 4th at 9am
• Sunday, August 5th at 9am and 5pm
• Monday, August 6th at 6pm and 10pm
Listen to the Show!
- Research that Matters (min 0-10): injections for knee arthritis, mind & body rest with concussions, Selenium, Lantus Insulin
- Conversations with Dr. William Roper about the pressures on academic health centers (min 10-32)
- House Calls (min 32-41): ticks & Lyme disease, how often older people need to see their doctor, emergency room bill, asthma & reactive airway
- Research that Matters
- Viscosupplementation for Osteoarthritis of the Knee: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Efficacy of Immediate and Delayed Cognitive and Physical Rest for Treatment of Sports-Related Concussion.
- Toenail selenium and incidence of type 2 diabetes in u.s. Men and women.
- Selenium Fact Sheet – from NIH Office of Dietary Supplements
- House Calls
- Tick-Borne Illnesses – from NC Department of Health & Human Services
- Tick-Borne Infections Council of North Carolina (TIC-NC)
- Women: Stay Healthy at 50+ – from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force/AHRQ
- Men: Stay Healthy at 50+ – from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force/AHRQ
- Consumer’s Guide to Health Insurance – from the NC Dept. of Insurance [see p. 22 for filing appeals to claims]
- Diagnosing Asthma
- What is Asthma? – from the CDC
- Asthma Fast Facts for Kids – from the CDC National Asthma Control Program