Please tune in! This show will air:
• Saturday, December 1st at 9am
• Sunday, December 2nd at 9am and 5pm
• Monday, December 3rd at 6pm and 10pm
Listen to the Show!
- Research that Matters (min 0-11): recent meningitis outbreak, laughter as exercise, NYC obesity & drink size policy, cancer patients hope & chemotherapy
- Conversations with Dr. Barak Richman about Patient Bills: Contract & Consent (min 11-33)
- House Calls (min 33-42): anxiety & medication, hair falling out, pyelonephritis, skin cancer & follow up
- Research that Matters
- Multistate outbreak of fungal infection associated with injection of methylprednisolone acetate solution from a single compounding pharmacy – from the CDC United States, 2012.
- Social laughter is correlated with an elevated pain threshold.
- Food prices and obesity: evidence and policy implications for taxes and subsidies – from Pubmed Central
- Patients’ expectations about effects of chemotherapy for advanced cancer.
- House Calls
- Treatments for Anxiety Disorders – from the National Institute for Mental Health
- Telogen Effluvium Hair Loss – from American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- Minoxidil (Topical Treatment for Hair Loss) – from MedlinePlus Drugs & Supplements
- Pyelonephritis: Kidney Infection – from National Kidney & Urologic Diseases Clearinghouse
- What you need to Know About Melanoma and Other Skin Cancers: Follow-up Care – from NCI