This weekend on YOUR HEALTH®, Adam & Cristy will be joined by Dr. Paul Ossman, Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine in the Division of General Medicine and Epidemiology at UNC, about Hospital Ethics.
Please tune in! This show will air:
• Saturday, March 23rd at 9am
• Sunday, March 24th at 9am and 5pm
• Monday, March 25th at 6pm and 10pm
Listen to the Show!
- Research that Matters (min 0-11): long term exercise program & heart disease, doctors who cook & giving nutrition advice, chronic kidney disease & diet, stress & sperm quality
- Conversations with Dr. Paul Ossman about Hospital Ethics (min 11-32)
- House Calls (min 32-42): chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, functional bowel disease, hepatitis C & cirrhosis, newborn with fever
- Research that Matters
- 10-year exercise training in chronic heart failure: a randomized controlled trial. Belardinelli R, Georgiou D, Cianci G, Purcaro A. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012 Oct 16;60(16):1521-8. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2012.06.036. Epub 2012 Sep 19.
- Doctors and cooking at the Culinary Institute
- A comparison of treating metabolic acidosis in CKD stage 4 hypertensive kidney disease with fruits and vegetables or sodium bicarbonate. Goraya N, Simoni J, Jo CH, Wesson DE. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2013 Mar;8(3):371-81. doi: 10.2215/CJN.02430312. Epub 2013 Feb 7.
- Association of state and trait anxiety to semen quality of in vitro fertilization patients: a controlled study. Vellani E, Colasante A, Mamazza L, Minasi MG, Greco E, Bevilacqua A. Fertil Steril. 2013 Feb 13. doi:pii: S0015-0282(13)00141-6. 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2013.01.098.
- House Calls
- COPD: Breathing Better – from National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLB)
- Stages of COPD – from YourLungHealth.org
- IBS and non-GI Functional Disorders – from Intl. Found. for Functional GI Disorders (IFFGD)
- Liver Transplantation – from National Digestive Disease Information Clearinghouse (NDDIC)
- Questions and Answers for Transplant Candidates about Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) and Pediatric End-Stage Liver Disease (PELD) – from United Network for Organ Sharing
- What I Need to Know About Hepatitis C – from NDDIC
- Fever in Infants – from FamilyDoctor.org