This weekend on YOUR HEATLH®, Adam & Cristy will be joined by Duke Associate Professor, Director of the Duke ALS Clinic, and Founder of ALS Untangled, Dr. Richard Bedlack, about ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease).
Please tune in! This show will air:
• Saturday, April 27th at 9am
• Sunday, April 28th at 9am and 5pm
• Monday, April 29th at 6pm and 10pm
Listen to the Show!
- Research that Matters (min 0-13): family doctors treating sleep apnea, breast cancer & high fat dairy, babies & stress in womb, witnessing CPR on loved one
- Conversations with Dr. Richard Bedlack about ALS (min 13-35)
- House Calls (min 35-42): B12, aspirin & colonoscopy, antibiotics & sinus infections, allergic reaction to Sulfa drugs
- Research that Matters
- Primary care vs specialist sleep center management of obstructive sleep apnea and daytime sleepiness and quality of life: a randomized trial. Chai-Coetzer CL, Antic NA, Rowland LS, Reed RL, Esterman A, Catcheside PG, Eckermann S, Vowles N, Williams H, Dunn S, McEvoy RD. JAMA. 2013 Mar 13;309(10):997-1004. doi: 10.1001/jama.2013.1823.
- High- and low-fat dairy intake, recurrence, and mortality after breast cancer diagnosis. Kroenke CH, Kwan ML, Sweeney C, Castillo A, Caan BJ. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013 May 1;105(9):616-23. doi: 10.1093/jnci/djt027. Epub 2013 Mar 14.
- O-GlcNAc transferase (OGT) as a placental biomarker of maternal stress and reprogramming of CNS gene transcription in development. Howerton CL, Morgan CP, Fischer DB, Bale TL. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 Mar 26;110(13):5169-74. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1300065110. Epub 2013 Mar 4.
- Free Abstract: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=23487789
- More About the Research: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2288025/Pregnant-women-transmit-damaging-effects-stress-placenta.html
- Family presence during cardiac resuscitation. Downar J, Kritek PA. N Engl J Med. 2013 Mar 14;368(11):1060-2. doi: 10.1056/NEJMclde1301020.
- House Calls
- http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB12-QuickFacts/ (Office of Dietary Supplements, National Institutes of Health)
- http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/926.html (Medline Plus)
- Aspirin & Colonoscopy:
- http://www.asge.org/patients/patients.aspx?id=10094 (American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy)
- http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/colonoscopy/ (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health)
- Antibiotics & Sinus Infections:
- http://www.entnet.org/HealthInformation/antibiotics.cfm (American Academy of Otolaryngology –Head and Neck Surgery)
- http://www.cdc.gov/getsmart/antibiotic-use/symptom-relief.html (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Allergic Reaction & Sulfa Drugs: