Please tune in! This show will air:
• Saturday, May 4th at 9am
• Sunday, May 5th at 9am and 5pm
• Monday, May 6that 6pm and 10pm
Listen to the Show!
- Research that Matters (min 0-10): race and ethnicity differences & antibiotics, hepatitis C & alcohol, false positive mammogram & women’s mental health, diabetes control
- Conversations with Dr. Heather Walker about Traumatic Brain Injury (min 10-30)
- House Calls (min 30-40): colon cancer & screening, COPD, weight loss & diabetes, tickling
- Research that Matters
- Racial differences in antibiotic prescribing by primary care pediatricians. Pediatrics. 2013 Apr;131(4):677-84 [abstract in PubMed]
- Inappropriate Use of Antibiotics – from JAMA Patient Page
- Moderate, excessive or heavy alcohol consumption: each is significantly associated with increased mortality in patients with chronic hepatitis C. [abstract in PubMed] Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2013 Apr;37(7):703-9.
- Systematic review of the psychological consequences of false-positive screening mammograms. Health Technol Assess. 2013 Mar;17(13):1-170, v-vi. doi: 10.3310/hta17130. Free Article
- Impact of peer health coaching on glycemic control in low-income patients with diabetes: a randomized controlled trial. Ann Fam Med. 2013 Mar-Apr;11(2):137-44. doi: 10.1370/afm.1443. Free Article
- House Calls