This weekend on YOUR HEALTH® Adam & Cristy will be talking with the Director of Hollywood Health & Society, Program of the USC Annenberg Norman Lear Center, Sandra de Castro Buffington about Health & Hollywood.
Please tune in to WCHL 97.9FM! This show will air:
• Saturday, May 11th at 9am
• Sunday, May 12th at 9am and 5pm
• Monday, May 13that 6pm and 10pm
Listen to the Show!
- Research that Matters (min 0-10): massage or exercise for sore muscles, stopping statin drugs, alcohol use & breast cancers survivors, health doctors & healthy patients
- Conversations with Sandra de Castro Buffington about Health & Hollywood (min 10-30)
- House Calls (min 30-40): hip replacement surgery & antibiotics, anxiety medication registry, sexual function & prostate cancer treatment, taking too many medications
- Research that Matters
- Acute effects of massage or active exercise in relieving muscle soreness: Randomized controlled trial. Andersen LL, Jay K, Andersen CH, Jakobsen MD, Sundstrup E, Topp R, Behm DG.
- J Strength Cond Res. 2013 Mar 21. Epub ahead of print.
- PubMed article (free abstract): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23524365
- News about the research: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/11/us-exercise-massage-for-muscles-idUSBRE93A0T520130411
- Discontinuation of statins in routine care settings: a cohort study. Zhang H, Plutzky J, Skentzos S, Morrison F, Mar P, Shubina M, Turchin A. Ann Intern Med. 2013 Apr 2;158(7):526-34.
- PubMed article (free abstract): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23546564
- Alcohol Consumption Before and After Breast Cancer Diagnosis: Associations With Survival From Breast Cancer,Cardiovascular Disease, and Other Causes. Newcomb PA, Kampman E, Trentham-Dietz A, Egan KM, Titus LJ, Baron JA, Hampton JM, Passarelli MN, Willett WC.
J Clin Oncol. 2013 Apr 8. [Epub ahead of print]
- PubMed article (free abstract): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23569314
- News about the research: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/11/alcohol-and-breast-cancer-survival/
- The association between physicians’ and patients’ preventive health practices. Frank E, Dresner Y, Shani M, Vinker S. CMAJ. 2013 May 14;185(8):649-53.
- PubMed article (free abstract): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23569163
- News about the research: http://www.publicaffairs.ubc.ca/2013/04/08/healthy-doctors-make-healthy-patients-study-finds/
- House Calls