Please tune in to WCHL 97.9FM! This show will air:
• Saturday, May 18th at 9am
• Sunday, May 19th at 9am and 5pm
• Monday, May 20that 6pm and 10pm
Listen to the Show!
- Research that Matters (min 0-10): pregnancy & blood clot risk, tonsillectomy, caffeine & car crashes, salt & toddlers
- Conversations with Dr. David Goldhill about his book, Catastrophic Care (min 10-32)
- House Calls (min 32-41): low back pain, finding a new therapist, chronic pain & stopping medication, challenges grieving loved ones
- Research that Matters
- Risk factors for first venous thromboembolism around pregnancy: a population based cohort study from the United Kingdom, Sultan, A. et al, Blood April 2, 2013 Blood-2012-11-469551.
- Short-term outcomes of tonsillectomy in adult patients with recurrent pharyngitis: a randomized controlled trial, Koskenkorva, T. et al, CMAJ May 14, 2013 vol. 185 no. 8 E331-E336.
- Free article: http://www.cmaj.ca/content/185/8/E331.full?sid=ed58944f-0ff3-4a69-a492-d2d511fd3e5d
- News about the research: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/781809
- Use of caffeinated substances and risk of crashes in long distance drivers of commercial vehicles: case-control study, Sharwood, L. et al, BMJ 2013;346:f1140.
- Free article: http://www.bmj.com/content/346/bmj.f1140
- News about the research: http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/03March/Pages/Can-caffeine-really-cut-crash-risk.aspx
- Sodium content of commercial baby and toddler foods. Maalouf J, Cogswell ME, Gunn JP, et al. EPI|NPAM 2013; New Orleans, LA, March 19-22, 2013. Abstract P253.
- Free abstract: http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/127/12_MeetingAbstracts/AP253
- News about the research: http://www.theheart.org/article/1521861.do
- House Calls