This weekend on YOUR HEALTH® Adam & Cristy will be talking with the Founding Director of Family Practice Residency Program at Moses Cone Memorial Hospital in Greensboro, Dr. George Wolff about Health Literacy.
Please tune in to WCHL 97.9FM! This show will air:
• Saturday, June 1st at 9am
• Sunday, June 2nd at 9am and 5pm
• Monday, June 3rdat 6pm and 10pm
Listen to the Show!
- Research that Matters (min 0-10): losing weight & mental illness, hospital policies & hiring non-smokers, alternative therapies for high blood pressure, vitamin D
- Conversations with Dr. George Wolff about Health Literacy (min 10-30)
- House Calls (min 30-40): clostridium difficile, waking up with headaches, solid foods & feeding tube, premature birth risk
- Research that Matters
- A behavioral weight-loss intervention in persons with serious mental illness. [PubMed abstract] N Engl J Med. 2013 Apr 25;368(17):1594-602.
- My Meal Mate – from Google Apps Store
- Conflicts and compromises in not hiring smokers. [free article] N Engl J Med. 2013 Apr 11;368(15):1371-3
- Beyond medications and diet: alternative approaches to lowering blood pressure: a scientific statement from the american heart association. [PubMed abstract] Hypertension. 2013 Jun;61(6):1360-83 Bogusz J, Pagonis G, and Holick MF. (2013)
- Evaluation of the bioavailability of vitamin D2 in mushrooms in healthy adults. FASEB J. 27, 794.4. [Meeting abstract]
- House Calls