This weekend on YOUR HEALTH® Adam & Cristy will be joined by Dr. Hugo Scornik, author and pediatrician & Dr. Benjamin Sommers, author and general internist, to discuss their pieces in the New England Journal of Medicine about, Health Care & Immigration Reform.
Please tune in! This show will air:
• Saturday, November 16th at 9am
• Sunday, November 17th at 9am and 5pm
• Monday, November 18th at 6pm and 10pm
KKAG Retro Radio 88.7FM
• Sunday, November 17th at 7am
Read More about what Dr. Evan Ashkin has to say about the current state of Health Care & Immigration Reform:
Reform of the US Healthcare system is happening and will continue to evolve. The question is how and who will determine the direction of the major changes. There is no debate over the fact that we are paying too much for too little in terms of health outcomes. Patients in the US get more healthcare but this does not result in better health outcomes. Better health outcomes are driven by getting the proper healthcare at the right time in the right place. A robust system of high quality, universally accessible, primary care will drive down the costs of healthcare in the US and result in better outcomes for us all. This is not a hypothesis but has been demonstrated within the US and elsewhere. Reform of the US Healthcare system needs to be based on decisions that we know will improve the health of our communities and reduce overall cost, not driven by lobbyists from corporations, hospitals, device manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies and physician organizations who stand to gain or lose the most financially.
Evan Ashkin MD
Listen to the Show!
- Research that Matters (min 0-10) meditation & blood pressure, remarriage, walking & breast cancer prevention, post-care for melanomas
- Conversations with Dr. Hugo Scornik & Dr. Benjamin Sommers about, Health Care & Immigration Reform (min 10-30)
- House Calls (min 30-40) teething & homeopathic remedies, Q-tips & ear wax, medical condition & smelly feet, random bouts of nausea
- Research that Matters
- House Calls