Please tune in!
The show will air:
• Saturday, August 1st at 9 a.m.
• Sunday, August 2nd at 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
• Monday, August 3rd at 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.
WBNE 103.7 FM
• Saturday, August 1st at 3 p.m.
KKAG Retro Radio 88.7 FM
• Sunday, August 2nd at 7 a.m.
- Research that Matters (min 0-8:05)
- Can too much sitting make you anxious?
- White men are more likely to get the best treatment for atrial fibrillation
- Smaller hippocampus linked to major depression
- Why doctors often work while sick
- Conversations with Dr. David Ansell (min 8:05-29:47)
- Article abstract: Bias, Black Lives and Academic Medicine by Dr. David Ansell
- Understanding Implicit Bias
- Building a Culture of Health from Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Project Implicit from Harvard
- Understanding Prejudice. Implicit Association Test
- Test Yourself for Hidden Bias
- Implicit Bias Guide (UNC Health Sciences Library)
- House Calls (min 29:48-39:54)
You may also like:
- The Effects of Racism on Health with Dr. Chandra Ford, YOUR HEALTH Radio, March 2019
- The Ways Health Care Can Let Women Down with Maya Dusenbery, YOUR HEALTH Radio, July 2018
- The Social Determinants of Health and Implicit Bias with Dr. Denise Rodgers, YOUR HEALTH Radio, April 2018
- The Issues that Disproportionately Affect African American Smokers with Dr. Phillip Gardiner and Dr. Alan Blum, YOUR HEALTH Radio, September 2017
- How Science and Medicine Influence Conversations about Race with Dr. Alondra Nelson, YOUR HEALTH Radio, July 2017
- Sex Bias in Surgical Research with Dr. Melina Kibbe, YOUR HEALTH Radio, September 2016