This weekend on YOUR HEALTH® Cristy and guest co-host Dr. Linda Myerholtz will be talking with Kathleen Bachynski, Doctoral Candidate in the Department of Sociomedical Sciences at Columbia University about Health and Tackling in Youth Football.
• Saturday, March 5th at 9 a.m.
• Sunday, March 6th at 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
• Monday, March 7th at 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.
• Sunday, March 6th at 7 a.m.
- Research that Matters (min 0-10:50) Exercise improves symptoms of depression; Only about half of American parents took their kids to get flu shots; Follow-up rates are poor for young people diagnosed with depressive symptoms; Benzodiazepine overdose deaths increasing.
- Conversations with Kathleen Bachynski (min 10:51-34:00)
- House Calls (min 34:01-39:26) Can my dog’s fleas cause me any major health problems like ticks do?; Talking to friends and family about eating disorders; Having nightmares after a bike accident.
Research That Matters
Exercise and Depression
Flu shots and children
Treatment for depression in adolescent
Risk of death from sedative overdose
Conversation with Dr. Kathleen Bachynski about Youth Tackle Football
- Dr. Bachynski’s New England Journal of Medicine article, Youth Tackle Football
- American Academy of Pediatrics Policy about Tackle in Youth Football
- Injury Prevention and Safety in Football
- CDC video about concussions
- Helmet fit