This weekend on YOUR HEALTH® Cristy and guest cohost Dr. Linda Myerholtz will be talking with Dr. Jeffrey Gerber, attending physician in the Division of Infectious Diseases at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia about The Pressures and Pitfalls of Prescribing Antibiotics.
• Saturday, March 12th at 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
• Sunday, March 13th at 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
• Monday, March 14th at 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.
• Sunday, March 13th at 7 a.m.
- Research that Matters (min 0-08:31) Controlling diabetes can provide heart benefits; HPV vaccines tied to drop in HPV cases but many adolescents still aren’t immunized; Perceiving events as more stressful can cause heart symptoms; Depression symptoms increase risk for cardiovascular disease events in older adults.
- Conversations with Dr. Jeffrey Gerber (min 08:31-31:04)
- House Calls (min 31:04-39:11) Stressful responses to new responsibilities in life; Talking to kids about ADHD trials and test; Normal exercise is getting a lot tougher.
Research that Matters
Conversations with Dr. Jeffrey Gerber
Effect of an outpatient antimicrobial stewardship intervention on broad-spectrum antibiotic prescribing by primary care pediatricians: a randomized trial.
Too many people still take unneeded antibiotics
CDC: Facts about Antibiotic Resistance
FDA: Antibiotics and Antibiotic Resistance