This weekend on YOUR HEALTH® Adam & Cristy will be talking with Thomas D’Angelo, Thane Campbell, Kyle Melvin and Dr. Erin Fraher, medical students in UNC School of Medicine’s FIRST Program and Professor in the UNC Department of Family Medicine about The FIRST Program: Acceleration to Service.
Please tune in! The show will air:
• Saturday, June 18th at 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
• Sunday, June 19th at 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
• Monday, June 20th at 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.
KKAG Retro Radio 88.7 FM
• Sunday, June 19th at 7 a.m.
Listen to the show on chapelboro.com. Scroll down to the June 18, 2016 link.
- Research that Matters (min 0-08:04) Obesity can contribute to risk for aggressive prostate cancer; Those who might have dementia but don’t have a diagnosis more likely to engage in risky behavior such as driving; Large number of knee and hip replacement patients still on opioids several months after surgery
- Conversations with Thane Campbell, Thomas D’Angelo, Kyle Melvin and Dr. Erin Fraher (min 10:32 -31:24)
- House Calls (min 31:29-39:13) As a recent college graduate, what sorts of things do I really need insurance coverage for?; How can we keep our young son’s Epi Pen with him when he’s at a friend’s house?; How can I make end-of-life decision for my mentally challenged relative when I can’t explain the decisions to her?
Research that Matters
Obesity and aggressive prostate cancer
Dementia diagnoses and risky behavior
Hip & knee replacement patients and opioids
Conversations with Thane Campbell, Thomas D’Angelo, Kyle Melvin, and Dr. Erin Fraher