This week on Your Health Radio Adam and guest co-host Laurel Sisler, MSW, LCSWA, have an exciting conversation with Dr. Gordon Schiff, internist and safety science director at Harvard Medical School Center for Primary Care Academic Innovations Collaborative and associate director of Brigham and Women’s Center for Patient Safety Research and Practice. The theme of the conversation is Indications on Prescription Drugs.
• Saturday, August 13, at 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
• Sunday, August 14, at 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
• Monday, August 15, at 6 and 10 p.m.
KKAG Retro Radio 88.7 FM
• Sunday, August 14, at 7 a.m.
Listen to the show!
- Research that Matters (min 0-10:21) Physical capacity and exercise capacity as a prediction of mortality; Treating chronic pain without opioids; Doctors talking with patients about gun safety; Recreational marijuana use in children after legalization in Colorado.
- Conversations with Dr. Gordon Schiff (min 10:21-30:24)
- House Calls (min 30:24-40:00) Should I take cholesterol medication if I’m at low risk for a heart attack?; My father went to the emergency room with extremely high blood pressure and was asked about alcohol use. Could alcohol consumption be his biggest problem?; I’m a diabetic on insulin with good blood sugar control. I’m trying to lose weight but the insulin is making that hard. Should I stop taking insulin?; When I get up in the morning I have stabbing pain in my heel. What could cause this and how do I make it go away?
- Research that Matters
- Conversations with Dr. Gordon Schiff
- House Calls