This weekend on YOUR HEALTH®, Adam and guest co-host Bob Gwyther, MD, MBA, will have a fascinating conversation with Eric Topol, MD, cardiologist, author and director of the Scripps Translational Science Institute, about precision medicine and how it can be facilitated by, as he says, the “medicalization of the smartphone.”
WCHL 97.9 FM
• Saturday, October 8, at 9 a.m.
• Sunday, October 9, at 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
• Monday, October 10, at 6 and 10 p.m.
KKAG Retro Radio 88.7 FM
• Sunday, October 9, at 7 a.m.
Listen to the show on the WCHL 97.9FM website.
- Research that Matters (min 0-9:18) Mental stress and heart disease in young women; Great recession of 2008 and possible link to weight gain in children; Is sitting in a traffic jam unhealthy because of pollution?; Does the time of day surgery is performed matter?
- Conversations with Dr. Eric Topol (min 9:18-30:35)
- House Calls (min 30:35-40:00) It takes days for the anesthesia to wear off after I have a procedure. How do I mitigate the effects?; My husband has food allergies. Do I need to take any precautions as I start giving my six-month-old new foods?; I wonder if I have seasonal affective disorder (SAD). What do I need to look for and how is this treated?; Smartphone case takes EKG for monitoring premature ventricular contractions (PVCs)
- Research that Matters
- Conversations with Dr. Eric Topol
- House Calls